Tuesday, August 19, 2008

TechEd Sea 2008

Last week, 11 - 14 August 2008 was a busy week for me. I volunteer to be a proctor for TechEd SEA 2008 at KL Convention Centre. 1 week before TechEd, I got a lot of email from CrystalEdge, event manager for TechEd. I got my scheduled and luckily I got Instructor Led Lab (ILL) for developer and my session start from 7am - 1pm. Actually, as a newcomer, I really follow the schedule, so on the first day I came at 8am (still late.. huhuhu) but there was nobody in ILL room, I met Rohan and he said that I can helped them with some setting but it's good for me to have my breakfast first and come back later. So, I went to KLCC foodcourt with my colleagues and have our breakfast. After breakfast, I headed back to ILL room but still no one there so i went to opening talk at Plenary Hall. It's was boring talk cause it quite the same as Heroes talk. So, I went out and search for my colleagues who happen to be a proctor as well but for Hand-On Lab (HOL). I helped them setting for HOL lab. After lunch, I went back to ILL back and meet all my proctor team for ILL. My first day as proctor is ok.. We as proctor act as a lab assistant. Assist the presenter and helped the attendee if they have any problem.

I learned a lot from proctoring. Previously, when I attended TechEd, I never went into HOL or ILL. Always went to track. As a proctor, automatically I tend to listen and learn with the whole class. If I focus, Insya Allah I'll able to help if the attendee have any problem with coding, etc. I have no problem with debugging, VB, Linq because I'm a developer. So, eventhough I never used VB.net and Linq before but I understand the overall concept of programming and I can understand the coding. But when it comes to WPF, WCF... I was lost. I myself do not understand it, so how can I help the class. Out of 5 proctors for ILL, only 2 familiar with that technology. And a lot of questions and errors in that classes that I'm not able to answered. But luckily, my proctor's friend understand my situation. It the most devastating moment in my proctoring.
Overall, I might be volunteering to be a proctor for the next event. Maybe.. hehehe

One incident that I still remember until now was on the 3rd day of event, I was late for proctoring and I missed my breakfast. I was so hungry and I took 2 cups of coffea in a hope that I can hold till lunch. Big mistake!!. I got headache. I went to ladies toilet, suddenly pop up one guy from cubicle. I was so dizzy and just go straight to the last cubicle  but then suddenly that guy asked me whether I am at the right toilet, I was so confused. I can't think straight, ooo... man and women are not supposedly be in the same toilet. I was confident that I'm right coz I'm using the same toilet for the pass 2 days. He apoligize.. Actually, if I was healthy, my reaction will be different. I'm definitely would go out from that toilet immediately. Luckily, that guy dont have bad intention, he definitely not doing it on purpose. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home